Title: Madison House Development Coordinator
Application Deadline: July 23, 2018
Madison House seeks a collaborative and highly motivated individual with exceptional interpersonal skills to join Madison House’s fundraising team as we celebrate our 50th anniversary and look to the future. This full-time position reports to the Director of Development. The development coordinator will assist with all aspects of development administration and fundraising, including donor and alumni relations, annual fund appeals, grant writing, prospect development, data analysis, and event planning. Occasional evening and weekend work required. Madison House’s hardworking team is passionate about student leadership development and building partnerships in the Charlottesville community.
- Manage the timely and accurate acknowledgment of gifts
- Coordinate the production and distribution of pledge reminders
- Maintain calendar of grant deadlines and ensure timely submissions
- Ensure data integrity through accurate data entry, the facilitation of ongoing clean-up efforts, and the production of mailing lists for Madison House annual fund solicitations
- Communicate with and steward Madison House alumni and donors in person, on the phone, and by email
- Prepare accurate research on prospects and assemble materials for cultivation and solicitation visits
- Coordinate development/alumni relations events
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director including scheduling meetings, booking travel and lodging, preparing agendas and materials for staff and board meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in an office environment
- Excellent communication skills and judgment with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient with a range of software including Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with donor databases and design software a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with nonprofits, research methods, data standards, and databases
- Experience and/or familiarity with fundraising, especially development operations and donor relations
Madison House is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Madison House employees are not employees of the state of Virginia or the University of Virginia. We are an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We offer a generous benefits package (including medical and dental insurance, employer contribution to a retirement plan, and wellness hours) as well as competitive compensation in the range of $36,000-$45,000 depending on experience.
(434) 977-7051 ext. 206
Additional Contact Details:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Melissa Fountain with “Development Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.