There are many ways to remember Madison House in your estate plans.


One way to provide for Madison House in your will is an outright bequest of cash, securities, real estate or tangible personal property. You may give a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or a particular piece of real estate or other property. A residual bequest provides that Madison House receives the "residue," or the balance remaining, of your estate after specific bequests are satisfied. Wills or living trusts can also establish testamentary trusts, which can provide income to another person or persons for life before the principal assets pass to Madison House.


One of the easiest ways to make a planned gift to Madison House is by making it the beneficiary of a retirement account such as an IRA, SEP, 401(k), 403(b), or other retirement plan. This beneficiary designation can usually be accomplished by completing a beneficiary designation form either by mail or online. You may be asked for our Tax Identification Number (TIN) which is 54-0519591.

Naming Madison House as a partial or full beneficiary of your retirement plan allows Madison House to receive the amount designated for it without any reduction for income or estate taxes.

Future support gifts

Another way you can support the work of Madison House is through a life insurance beneficiary designation, will provisions, or life income gifts. These types of gifts are also counted in your UVA class giving totals, if documented and where applicable.

For more information on how to include Madison House as a beneficiary of your future giving, please contact Madison House Director of Philanthropy Melissa Fountain at, or via telephone at (434) 977-7051.

Madison House does not provide legal or tax advice. It is important for a donor to make any charitable planned gift in conjunction with the donor’s overall estate planning considerations. It is always important for a donor to seek and consult with his or her own legal and tax counsel. Madison House is prepared to work with donors, their attorneys, and financial planners.